19.5 C
New York
Monday, May 27, 2024

Buy now

Monday, May 27, 2024

Hunger strike wind-up, Pradyot addresses Tiprasas post Tiprasa Accord signing

Tripura, March 4: Opposition leader and TIPRA Motha founder Pradyot Kishore Manikya Debbarma today ended his fast-unto-death at Hatai Kotor. He was on his on fifth day of fasting.

He ended the hunger strike after the central government signed a tripartite agreement with the state government of Tripura and the Tipra Motha party over a slew of issues relating to tribal welfare including political, economic, land rights and cultural, language, and social issues faced by tribals of the state.

He said 60 percent of the fight for tribal rights was won with the signing of the accord and the Motha would to press for the rest 40 percent.

Related Articles

Stay Connected

146,751FansLike
12,800FollowersFollow
268FollowersFollow
80,400SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles